Även fast Reaper of Souls har lite mer än en månad kvar till release blickar utvecklingsteamet redan framåt.
I en tråd signerad Grimiku pratas det om hur gems och craftingmaterial i framtiden mycket väl kan komma att bli automatiskt uppplockat, precis som dagens health-globes. De undersöker även möjligheten att göra om det sistnämnda till en valuta istället för ett föremål, likt guld och blood shards.
This is one of many solid suggestions we’ve seen regarding improvements that could be made to the crafting resource management system. On the whole, we agree with your feedback and are currently working on some different ways to help streamline the process of picking up, storing, and using crafting resources.
Let me preface what I’m about to say with the caveat that any changes we make to crafting material management at this point would come after Reaper of Souls ships. With that in mind, here’s a few ideas we’re tinkering with to help get you thinking about some of the cool possibilities:
- All crafting materials would be moved to a currency-style storage in the UI. Think something similar to Blood Shards.
- All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material would still be automatically stored as a currency, but players must click on it to pick it up.)
- All crafters would pull crafting materials from this storage area for recipes.
- Crafting materials that the player doesn’t currently own would appear in grey text with a 0 counter.
- Players could mouse over the icons of all crafting material to get the full tooltip of the item. This includes greyed out ones.
- Currently, we do not intend to store gems in this way because it would make socketing items feel clunky.
Note that this is all still a work in progress and thus subject to lots and lots of iteration. Again, while this is something that won’t make the launch of the expansion, we still wanted to acknowledge that we’ve seen your feedback, agree with it, and are already starting to act on some of your suggestions.