Blizzard fortsätter att besvara frågor kring ämnet Transmogrify, dvs möjligheten att byta utseende (den grafiska modellen) på sin utrustning. Funktionen förväntas bli tillgänglig först i samband med lanseringen av expansionen Reaper of Souls.
Any changes to dye mechanics? Are they just simply bought from vendors or are changes being made to them?
– Transmogrified items can currently be dyed in the same manner regular items are (the dye is applied to the item).
What is the reason behind this? If you don’t want the transmog look to carry to another player why not just have it removed once it is traded?
– It’s a matter of whether or not you wish to utilize the item. If you think something would best benefit you by trading it, it should not be enchanted or transmogrified. If it’s instead something you see yourself wearing for a while, you should feel good about customizing it to fit your needs (visually or mechanically via Enchanting). Doing either is meant to be a player decision that carries weight.
Will transmog allow to double equip same appearance items as weapons if the legendaries that they were made of are Unique Equipped?
– Yes! You can visually be wielding two Skycutters, so long as you have unlocked its appearance.
Why not? Why is ”similar animations” the limit? Why can’t you ’mog an item’s appearance and it’s animation?
– It would open up a lot of unintended options, such as swinging a bow like a sword. While we could ensure these oddities generally don’t occur, we’d prefer a system that’s always working.
Will this count items id’ed prior to 2.0 or only post 2.0?
– We’re still working on some of the finer details, so I don’t have an answer to this just yet.